Why Should I GIVE?
At TLC, we are a generous family who gives by audacious faith, not by force, because we trust God to be our Source and Provider. We realise that God has incredible plans for His church and one of the greatest measures of our spiritual maturity is how we handle the gifts that God has blessed us with. And so, we are unafraid to give cheerfully since giving not only grows our faith, but allows us to be a part of God’s plan to impact the world for good.
We believe in the biblical principle of tithing, which is giving a minimum of 10% of your income or a ‘tithe’ to the local church. Anything over 10% is called an ‘offering’ and is a way that we honour God through sacrificial giving.
What Does the Bible Say about Giving?
At TLC, “If God says it, that’s it” and so, we need no other reason to give than the fact that the Word of God tells us to do so. And not only that, but the Bible also tells us the many benefits to giving. Here’s just a sample of what God says:
- Faithful giving draws me closer to God. “Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will be also.” Matthew 6:21
- Giving is the key to a full life. “Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19
- When I give, it blesses me in many ways. “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Malachi 3:10
How Can I GIVE?
“The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.” Deuteronomy 14:23
ONLINE PAYMENT for regular Tithes & Offerings
DEBIT/CREDIT CARD ONLINE
BANK TRANSFER for regular Tithes & Offerings
BANK TRANSFER for Special Offerings
• Sundays during service in the Offering Bag
• Sundays after service at the Resource Desk